This course is designed to empower you as an individual shooter and expose the full potential of your General Purpose Carbine. Instructors will demonstrate numerous shooting positions and techniques. You will leave knowing exactly what your rifle does with the ammo you bring, what it takes to make hits at distance and learn how to shoot from less than optimal positions.
- Fundamentals of marksmanship.
- Setting up your scope
- Optic height over bore
- Recoil management
- Data gathering on holds. “DOPE” 100-600 Yards
- Utilize different means of support
- Points of contact to stabilize the rifle in less than optimal positions.
- Calling your shot “ Tracking Your Rounds”
- Scope. Examples: Vortex PST gen 2 1-6, Trijicon Accupoint 1-6, Razor 1-6 or 1-10, PA 1-8 Griff Mil. Trijicon Credo, NF or Vortex 2-10, etc. If you need a list let us know. Preferably Mrad or MOA reticles but BDC reticles will work. Mrad reticle scopes are available for rent, please message us for more details.
- Reliable working rifle that shoots at least under an 1.5” at 100 yards. Calibers- .223/5.56, .308.
- Medium bag or a small backpack
- Rear bag.
- 4 magazines, at least 1 of them being a 20 rounder.
- 2 point sling – we recommend the LUNAR CONCEPTS Contour Padded Sling
- XM193 or 855 5.56. Match ammo is not a requirement, but is preferred. No Steel Cased Ammo.
- Round Count 350 – xm193 ammo available for purchase
- Notebook and pen.
- Gun cleaning equipment
- Sun BlockCamp chair/stool
- Cooler with drinks/water bottle
- Packed lunch/snacks